Basic Dental – $160 includes:
- Evaluation of teeth and mouth
- Showing you problems and giving my recommendations
- Removing sharp points
- Creating bit seats if you desire
- Blunting sharp canines
- Correcting mild to moderate malocclusions (common but abnormal waves, hooks, ramps, excess transverse ridges, overlong incisors, incisor line deviations, and abnormal table angles)
- You keep a copy of the dental chart
Advanced Dentistries – variable fee
Depends on time required, difficulty, nerve blocks needed, medicine and materials required. Includes everything in basic dentistry plus:
- Removing fractured or loose teeth or wolf teeth
- Correcting severe malocclusions such as shear mouth, impacted teeth, steps, severe waves and hooks and massive ramps, advanced incisor line deviations, angle corrections, incisor length reduction
- Unusually difficult to handle horses
I will give you an estimate of extra charges before treatment.
Your horse may be referred to a Full Service Equine Clinic for those cases requiring x-rays, general anesthesia, surgery, treatment of draining sinuses or any condition I feel is beyond my skill level. I will give you a copy of the dental records and will call or write your veterinarian with my observations and thoughts.
$35 when sedated for dental